This article covers how you can integrate your Salesforce CRM with the Wult platform. It covers how to set up an app inside Salesforce and connect Wult to that application through Oauth. No technical knowledge is required to complete the integration.
By connecting the systems, you get access to several features, including:
- Get a searchable overview of all data managed by Salesforce, typically more than 800 different datasets.
- An entity for customers will enable you to identify customer data in any other data lake.
- Documentation functionality across all datasets and entities.
- Enable automation such as DSR completion, retention workflows, and more.
The first step consists of setting up an app in Salesforce. In Salesforce, navigate to Apps > App Manager and click on “New connected app”:
When creating the application, please fill out the following:
- The connected app name. We suggest “Wult compliance (wult.io)”, but you can name it anything you want.
- API name. We suggest “Wult-Compliance”
- Contact email: Enter an email where you can be contacted.
- Enter callback URL, please enter:
- In the selected oauth scopes please select 1) Full access and 2) Perform requests at and time (refresh_token, offline_access)
Enter the details page of the application and take note of the following:
- Your salesforce domain. You find that in the URL, in the part after
Setup at the Wult platform
With that information, you can set up the application on the Wult platform. The steps are:
- Go to Dataset > Services and pick Salesforce.
- Press “Connect Salesforce”
- Enter the information saved before, “Client Key”, “Client Secret” and “Salesforce domain”.
- Press “Setup integration”
- In the next page the setup is ready, now press “Use integration”
- Authenticate the application by logging into Salesforce
Click thumbnails below to view enlarged steps.
Founder & CEO of Wult.